Rugby is a huge worldwide sport, played by millions of men and women, boys and girls and non-binaries. The World Cup Rugby is the third largest sporting event in the world (after the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup).
The Rugby tournament will be played 15-a-side. The time schedule looks as follows:
|Thursday 28 July||10:00-17:00||15-a-side tournament|
|Friday 29 July||11:00-17:00||15-a-side tournament (including finals)|
The venue for the rugby tournament will be 2 rugby fields and the training accommodation of NRC The Wasps.
In a rugby team (normally 15 players), everyone has their own position. Anyone can learn to tackle and with a good tackle the smallest player gets the biggest opponent to their knees. Ball skills are important, but the most important thing is teamwork, which is one of the three great core values of rugby: respect (for opponent, referee and rules), discipline (both on the field and off the field) and friendship (friends forever).
The official World Rugby rules will apply.
Rugby is not only for men, anybody can join this game where respect and discipline are the most important elements. So join the inclusive rugby tournament!
Leo Preusting – firstname.lastname@example.org
By signing up as an athlete for EuroGames 2022, you can make use of the many benefits our international event in Nijmegen has to offer.
- • You will participate in a professionally organised tournament
- • You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday 27 July
- • You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony on Saturday 30 July
- • You have access to the Sports Village
- • You can make use of discounted fees for public transportation in Nijmegen
- • You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- • You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Nijmegen
If you have already signed up for another sport, you can still take part in the rugby tournament as a second sport for an additional € 20. Please note that timetables of sports may overlap; make sure that the dates and times of the rugby tournament are not in conflict with any of the other sports you want to participate in!