On the last evening, we will finish the sports programme with the running tournament, right before the Closing Ceremony. You may run and test yourself on a 5km or 10km course.
The track runs along the river the Waal into the beautiful Ooij right back to the Kaaij. Please also view the available maps below.
|Saturday 30 July||17:00-20:30||5km, 10km running|
Anybody can join for only €10 extra if you already registered. So test yourself on the last evening and run that 5 or 10km!
The route starts at a beautiful location at the edge of Nijmegen’s city centre; on the terrace of De Kaaij, directly underneath the Waalbrug. From there, participants will run into nature reserve de Ooij, running either 5km or 10km. There are maps available for the 5km course and for the 10km course.
The official running rules of World Athletics will apply for this running event.
We organise this running event together with RAA, Rainbow Athletics Amsterdam. We will make sure everybody feels welcome!
Ted van Koelen – firstname.lastname@example.org
By signing up as an athlete for EuroGames 2022, you can make use of the many benefits our international event in Nijmegen has to offer.
- • You will participate in a professionally organised tournament
- • You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday 27 July
- • You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony on Saturday 30 July
- • You have access to the Sports Village
- • You can make use of discounted fees for public transportation in Nijmegen
- • You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- • You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Nijmegen
If you have already signed up for another sport, you can still take part in the running tournament as a second sport for an additional € 10. Please note that timetables of sports may overlap; make sure that the date and time of the running tournament are not in conflict with any of the other sports you want to participate in!