We are looking forward to see you at the tennis tournament of the EuroGames 2022!
Draws and match times can be found on the GLTA tournamentsoftware site: Eurogames Tennis 2022 Nijmegen | GLTA (tournamentsoftware.com) (If you want to stay anonymous, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Wednesday 27th July
|15:00-18:00||Courts available for social tennis|
|19:00-24:00||Opening ceremony and party (Waalkade, city centre)|
Thursday 28th July*
|9:00-23:00||Tennis matches (also on 2nd venue TV Quick)|
|19:00||Meet & Greet with cocktails|
|20:00-23:00||DJ spins the wheel!|
Friday 29th July*
|19:00-21:00||BBQ with view on center court|
Saturday 30th July*
|10:00-11:00||Wheelchair tennis clinic – try it yourself and get rolling|
|16:00-17:00||Trophy ceremony and speech from Dutch national tennis association|
|19:00-24:00||Closing ceremony and party (Waalkade, city center)|
*All days: Lounge terrace, easy tunes, full restaurant, sports massage
Nijmegen is a true tennis city with more than a dozen tennis venues in the city and another dozen in the neighbouring villages. TV Rapiditas was founded in 1935 and is the leading tennis club in Nijmegen. Rapiditas offers 12 excellent red clay courts, changing rooms with showers and a fully equipped restaurant (note that lunch is not included in the registration fee). From its large terrace you have a panoramic view on the centre court and court 1.
If needed due to a larger number of participants, some matches may be played on the second venue: T.C. Quick, approx. 500 m from Rapiditas. Quick offers excellent smash court courts. Note that smash courts are synthetic courts, but highly resemble red clay courts. Quick has a circular restaurant and panoramic terrace surrounded on all sides by the courts.
Name: Demi Schuurs
Tennis is for everyone: young and old, male, female or non-binary, cracks and crawlers. I promote the sport of tennis, because playing tennis together is healthy and lots of fun! Diversity includes visibility, because visibility increases acceptance and integration. Fortunately, most Dutch tennis players experience a safe sports climate at their club. Unfortunately, this is not yet self-evident at every club. With 25 LGTBQI+ tournaments in Europe, rainbow tennis is visible in many countries. I hope that the Eurogames Nijmegen will contribute to the further development of LGTBQI+ tennis in Europe and beyond. And I hope that LGBTQI+ people also find their way to regular tennis clubs and enjoy this beautiful sport with each other and with others.
I wish all participants a wonderful tournament. Together with the organization and with you I shout from the bottom of my heart: We Love to Move!
The tournament is sanctioned by the GLTA, so the GLTA rules and ranking system apply.
Sanctioning and rules
- • The tennis tournament is sanctioned by the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Alliance (GLTA). The rules of the GLTA apply and ranking points will be awarded for each match. You can find the rules here.
- • By participating in the EuroGames 2022, players agree with these tournament rules.
- • In the event a situation arises which does not pertain to any of these rules, the tournament organisation will decide how best to resolve the situation.
Events and levels
- • Registrations are accepted for a maximum of 1 single’s event, 1 men’s, women’s or non-binary doubles event and 1 mixed doubles event with a maximum of 2 events in total.
- • In case you participate in 2 events, these can differ up to two levels if there is an established ranking for both events. If there is no established ranking for one event then only one level down from the highest level with established ranking is permitted.
- • In the doubles divisions, couples will be placed in the appropriate division based on the rankings of the strongest player.
- • You can register for doubles events with a partner. When asked for your partner’s name in the registration, we also kindly ask to you provide your partner’s registration number, if known and available.
In case you don’t have a partner, you can register with ‘partner wanted’ and we will match you with a doubles partner.
Seeding and draws
- • For seeding the GLTA ranking list per 17 July 2022 as well as the national rankings per 1 January 2022 will be used as well as any other relevant information such to be decided by the tournament committee.
- • In case a player is participating in a too low level, he/she will be disqualified.
- • Substitutes are allowed as long as matches have not started in that event.
- • Participation in the 40+ events is possible for players that have reached the age of 40 on 31 December 2022.
- • In all events, first, second and third prizes are awarded. For the round robin events, prizes are awarded to the winner only.
- • In the consolation rounds only the winners are awarded a prize.
- • Please report to the tournament desk 30 minutes prior to each match!
- • In singles draws, consolation rounds will be offered for those who lose their first match in the main draw. In doubles draws, round robins will be drawn, followed by a knock-out draw. In this way, every player is able to play a minimum of 2 matches in each event.
- • All matches will be the best of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6-6 in the first and second set. A third set will be played as a match tiebreak (to 10 points).
- • Consolation matches are to be played as 8 game pro-sets, with a tiebreak at 8-8 (see ‘consolation rounds’).
- • Some events will be played in round robins. For every match you win, you get 2 points. The player/team with most points is the winner of the round robin. When two or more players/teams have an equal number of points, the head-to-head result counts. If scores are tied, the tournament organisation will count the relative match-points, then the relative set difference, then the relative game difference, then the number of sets won, then the number of games won. If scores are still tied, the winner will be decided by a toss.
- • Warm up times are limited to 5 minutes.
- • Report the match results to the tournament desk after the match.
- • Between matches a 30-minute break is allowed after a main draw singles match and a 15-minute break after a doubles match or a consolation singles match.
- • Field officials are present to check balls, warm-up times, rest periods and to be of general assistance.
- • Late arrivals will incur a penalty in accordance with the GLTA rules starting from the moment the match has been announced (and a court is available). Therefore it is your responsibility to arrange transportation, get directions if necessary and leave yourself sufficient time to get to the venue.
- • Up to 5 minutes: loss of toss and 1 game
- • 5 to 10 minutes means: loss of toss and 2 games
- • 10 to 15 minutes: loss of toss and 3 games
- • More than 15 minutes: default
Balls and courts
- • All matches will be played with Dunlop Fort Max balls. The balls will be used for a maximum of 3 matches. New balls will also be provided for each final.
- • After each match balls must be returned to the tournament desk.
- • For single matches always use the single posts.
- • Consolation rounds are open to all players who lost the first match in the singles events. There are no consolation matches for the round robin events.
- • You need to sign up for consolation rounds. You can sign up at the tournament desk immediately after you lost your first match. Note: If you didn’t sign up, you cannot play in the consolation rounds!
- • Matches in the consolation rounds will be played as a pro-set. This is a set until 8 games with a difference of at least 2 games and a tiebreak at 8-8.
Attire and shoes
- • Proper tennis attire is required when on court (no tank tops!).
- • Bring shoes suitable for red clay.
Do’s and don’ts
- • Always enter the courts through the appropriate entrance. Avoid disturbing other matches.
- • Players shall not engage in unsporting conduct or disturb other players.
- • A player is not allowed to receive coaching during a match.
- • Do not enlist the aid of spectators in making line calls.
- • Wait until players on another court have completed a point before retrieving or returning a ball.
- • In case of an unforeseen delay, the tournament organisation may opt for one or more of the following:
- • Shorten matches playing sudden death at Deuce. The receiver chooses the side he or she wants to receive serve. However, in mixed doubles, the man must serve to the man and the woman to the woman.
- • Sets will be shortened until 4 games with 2 games difference and a tiebreak at 4-4.
- • Cancellation of the consolation round matches.
- • The tournament organisation decides which option will be played. This will be announced prior to the match.
- • In case of rain, the organisation may call upon the rain scenario. In that case, matches can be played on the courts of the Radboud Sportcentrum.
- • The rain scenario can result in shortening of matches as described above. The organisation announces the rain scenario at the venue and on the tournament website. Participants are responsible to check at which venue their match is scheduled and to arrange transport to the venue.
Waiver of Liability
- • By participating in the EuroGames 2022 tennis tournament and related activities & events, participants agree to waive any & all rights & claims for bodily or emotional injury, injury to their reputation, or any other damage or harms that they might suffer, or any other claims of any nature they or their legal representatives may have against the EUROGAMES 2022, Smashing Pink, Rapiditas, GLTA & its officers, all tournament sites, tournament sponsors, or any organization, facility or individual associated with this tournament & the related activities & events. Participants agree to participate at their own risk & the above organizations, facilities, & individuals will not be responsible for any harm, injury or damage that they might suffer. They also release & waive any & all rights to claim damages or remuneration which may arise as a result of references to, photographs, images or likenesses of them which may appear in any publication or other media coverage.
Rapiditas is famous for its big tennis tournaments and great hospitality. Smashing Pink Amsterdam is well-known for its Pinkster Tournament, as well as (co-)organising several previous EuroGames. We offer you the cosy atmosphere (‘gezellig’) that Dutch tournaments are famous for. Drinks, chill music and small social events during the tournament will enable you to catch up with old friends and get to know new friends. Whenever you have a question, we are there to help you.
Download the Poster!
If you are interested in the poster for Tennis, you can download it above. There is a digital version, for instance to share on your social media, and a version to send to the printer.
André van Proosdij – email@example.com
By signing up as an athlete for EuroGames 2022, you can make use of the many benefits our international event in Nijmegen has to offer.
- • You will participate in a professionally organised tournament
- • You can be a part of the EuroGames Opening Ceremony on Wednesday 27 July
- • You can be part of the EuroGames Closing Ceremony on Saturday 30 July
- • You have access to the Sports Village
- • You can make use of discounted fees for public transportation in Nijmegen
- • You have access to pre-sale tickets for signature parties
- • You have access to a lot of sports, human rights, arts, and cultural events in Nijmegen
If you take part in the tennis tournament as a second sport, please note that timetables of sports may overlap; make sure that the dates and times of the tennis tournament are not in conflict with any of the other sports you want to participate in!